Had to use up some stuff in the fridge for dinner tonight.
- Four strips of bacon cooked to crispiness and then drained
- Half an onion chopped fine and cooked to translucency in the bacon drippings
- A bunch of Brussels sprouts cleaned and halves, tossed in with the onions plus salt and pepper
- Steak pucks seared in a pan and baked to 165°F (actually went a bit over, sadly. O for a thermoprobe!)
- Onions and sprouts scooped out and drained
- Mushrooms tossed into the sprouts pan and browned
- Bacon chopped and tossed over the onions and sprouts
- Cherry tomatoes halved and seasoned
- Steak puck drippings poured over the mushrooms and reduced to walnut brown
Not worth the bother, but man oh man I need to eat sprouts more often.